Chey's Computer Security Advice
Basic Computer Security Rules You Can Follow!
- Use good passwords (Hint: insert three numbers or characters
in the middle of a long word.)
- Use your best (hardest) passwords for things that need
the most protection. Use your weaker passwords for things you don't
really care about.
- Don't let the computer save your passwords (You know,
that feature that allows you to start your email without having to type
your password in.)
- Don't let the computer save sensitive data like credit
cards at online shopping sites.
- Always use anti-virus software
- Use a personal firewall program
- Use the security settings included in your browser,
email program, and word processing program. (You may have to use the
Help feature to find them, but they are there!)
- Install Windows security patches as soon as possible
by using Windows Update on a regular basis. (START menu|WINDOWS UPDATE)
- Install Office programs security patches by using Windows
- Pass these tips on to friends and family. The more people
know about how to secure their computers, the safer we all become!
FREE Security Software!
Note: This material is copyrighted Chey Cobb 2002. You
are free to use this information - and are encouraged to use it - just
list me as the source. If you need more information or clarification about
anything on this page, contact me at email@example.com.